Sunday, October 16, 2016

Sunday Post #72 and Stacking the Shelves October 16th, 2016

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post MemeThis may be my last one of these for a while, or else if I finish doing these in October, with National Novel Writing Month coming up in November, I know that I don't plan to do these weekly.  November will be just an end of the month post.  Other than reviews, I plan to have only easy promo posts and maybe a discussion post or two that I will get done ahead of time so that I have lots of time to write and reach the goal of 50,000 words. 

Last week on the blog:
Got four reviews in this week, so that met my goal.  Got in some promo posts.  Today, Sunday, I had a writing date to get ready for NaNoWriMo.  I haven't gotten back to walking yet since I've been back from New Orleans, but that's okay. I have still been losing weight back to where I had been, so that is good. 

Coming up this week on the blog:
  • Reviews:  Glitter by Aprilynne Pike, Wait for You by J. Lynn, Dirty by Kylie Scott (audiobook)
  • Promo posts:  3rd in the Jungle Eyes trilogy by Lindsay Marie Miller, Bravo: Blood Road by Summer Lane
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Possible reviews:  Black Widow: Red Vengeance by Margaret Stohl,  5 Free/Cheap e-books, Forgiving Lies by Molly McAdams
So, I don't have a ton of things going on this week.     One of the possible reviews is the Black Widow book, and it is only a possible because while I was signed up for a book tour, the publishers haven't sent anything to the tour host, Hannah at Irish Banana, so I just put it on the side burner to make sure I got my other promo book, Glitter, read in time for the Tuesday post.  I don't know if I'll get around to walking this week.  The whole walking thing might be out of the way while I get my writing done.  I also still need to get my blog ahead posts done for November, I haven't done any of them yet!  My birthday is this coming Saturday, the 22nd.  No plans really.  I'm going to spend the day doing whatever I want I guess.  I've got some iced sugar cookies ordered, for myself, from a bakery that makes cookies that are to die for. This is in lieu of the type of cake I normally have, because neither of the two bakeries that I like the cake from have time to fit a cake for me in since I waited so long to try to order it.  :-(  I think maybe I'll try to go see a movie or two, not sure what will be out that I want to see though.  For the first time, I'm not planning to do the normal get-togethers with either side of my family.  One of my sisters took me out to lunch yesterday, the other is planning to do the same when she comes home from NYC over Thanksgiving weekend.  I'm having dinner with my stepmom tonight.  I'll probably do stuff with my mom and stepdad next Sunday, just dinner.

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected. 

Physical books:




I didn't do too bad this week on physical books, as you can see, only two!  The first one I found in the back room at work, must have been in a recent shipment and so I grabbed it!  The ARC was also from the bookstore.  I went into work during the week, and as soon as I walked in, the manager said they'd saved it for me.  I was so excited they made fun of me a little.  :-)  That's okay, I was just happy they saved it for me!




We keep getting more of these cool little post-it notes!  I so far also have Romeo and Juliet, Alice in Wonderland, and Pride and Prejudice.  I would love if they would do a set for Harry Potter




And while this isn't even book related, since I got the Big Bang Theory Monopoly game last week, I had to share my new games this week, Big Bang Theory  Clue, and Supernatural  Monopoly.  I still have Supernatural  Clue sitting on the hold shelf at work.  The games are like $40 each at the store where I work, and while I do get 30% off with my employee discount, that's still a lot of money.



E-galleys:








 The first four are all from Edelweiss, but I'm not sure if I've already included The Pearl Thief, that may be a repeat.  The last two are from Netgalley.  

 Free or cheap e-books:











































As usual, I have way too many new e-books.  Pretty much all except the last three above are from Amazon.  The second to last two are from the authors, and the very last one is from Barnes and Noble for my Nook.

So, as you can see, that is all that I got this week. What books did you get?