Sunday, September 18, 2016

Sunday Post #70 and Stacking the Shelves September 18th, 2016

The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted  @ Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news ~ A post to recap the past week on your blog, showcase books and things we have received and share news about what is coming up on our blog for the week ahead. See rules here: Sunday Post Meme.  Another less busy week, but my Saturday, yesterday, was too busy!  Fortunately today is pretty clear, so I'm looking forward to some blogging, etc.  Plus, another not so busy week coming up.  Although I have a bunch of books to get read!

Last week on the blog:
I got more than my two reviews per week done, I just wish I'd done more.  Although the ebook reviews were more than just one review, they were mini-reviews.  I also didn't do any of my audiobooks this week.  So I'll probably have a couple this week for sure.  I did get all of  my walking in, so that was good.  

Coming up this week on the blog:
  • Waiting on Wednesday
  • Promo Post - Author Interview:  Mummy's Little Angel by JW Lawson
  • Reviews:  Swan Riders (Prisoners of Peace #2) by Erin Bow, Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
  • Possible reviews:  Wendy Darling Vol. 2 - Seas by Colleen Oakes, All Lined Up by Cora Carmack (audiobook), Charged (Saints of Denver #2) by Jay Crownover (audiobook), Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine
  • Possible discussion post - Conventions/Meeting authors?
I have a couple days open this week without set blog posts.  So that should be good for getting some reviews done.  Also with not working more than one day this week at the bookstore, I should have most of my evenings free to get those reviews done.  Now, I got a couple books for a review later than planned, so the possible review of Wendy Darling was supposed to be on Tuesday, but as I haven't started it yet, pretty sure that's not going to happen.  I'm finding several emails of people who requested reviews that I haven't gotten to their book yet, so I've got to get on that as well.  Gah!  I've got my walking scheduled for the week, and I'm hoping to go see the new Bridget Jones movie one night as well.  Next Saturday I'm going to a get-together by one of my dog's breeder for all of the dogs that have come from her, or the families that have her dogs. So we'll be at someone's house with a fenced yard for the day.  The dogs will get to just run around and play and the humans will get to hang out and talk and eat, and enjoy watching the dogs play!

Stacking the Shelves is hosted by Tynga's Reviews.  It is a way for us to share the new books we have collected.  Once again, my ebook haul was huge this week.  Physical book haul has been smaller now that I know I can't take as many books to get autographed as I thought I could at NOLA StoryCon, I'll have to buy some there maybe.

Physical books:




 First is my September package from my OTSP Secret Sister.  I finally have a copy of Riders by Veronica Rossi!  I'm so excited to read it.  The middle picture was part of my recent score at the Dollar Tree store.  The rest of the books I got there were for my high school library where I work, so I didn't include them in this post.  The last picture shows the two ARCs I got for a Fall Favorite Things Tour, so it is my second copy now of Three Dark Crowns.  I'll probably be putting one of the two ARCs up on Books for trade soon.


Last minute addition here!  I haven't read the first two in this series by Alice Clayton, but after listening to and loving the first two Hudson Valley series from this author, I had to buy this when I saw it was not only a bargain book at my bookstore, but also in the 50% off clearance there right now!

E-galleys:

-->





  I'm hoping/wishing that the author might be sending me a physical ARC of Snowbirds, but we'll see. The others are all on my list to read, but I've not actually downloaded them, just to be safe!

Free/Cheap e-books:

-->











































  Once again, too, too many downloaded. But, I decided to look at the list of authors at Apollycon 2017 since I'll be there, and start trying out the books of the ones I don't know yet.  I mean I started doing that for the authors at NOLA Storycon which I'm going to in two weeks, and discovered two new favorite authors, Jay Crownover and Samantha Young!  I've already been trying some of the Apollycon authors out, before knowing they would be there, and now I'm so excited to get to meet some other brand new favorite authors next March, like Alice Clayton and Kylie Scott, just to name a couple!

Okay, those are the millions of books I added to my shelves this week.  What is new on your shelves?