Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Shade of the Moon (The Last Survivors #4) by Susan Beth Pfeffer

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming releases that we're eagerly awaiting.  This week I've chosen a book from a series that I've read this year with my students, one that I read originally for a state book award, and used to read with students in an enrichment class several years ago as well.  The first book was Life As We Knew It, and that is the book we read.  Because of talking about this, the other teachers reading this right now also heard about how there is going to be a 4th book in the series.  Without further ado, here is the blurb from Goodreads.com:

The eagerly awaited addition to the series begun with the New York Times best-seller Life As We Knew It, in which a meteor knocks the moon off its orbit and the world changes forever.

It's been more than two years since Jon Evans and his family left Pennsylvania, hoping to find a safe place to live, yet Jon remains haunted by the deaths of those he loved. His prowess on a soccer field has guaranteed him a home in a well-protected enclave. But Jon is painfully aware that a missed goal, a careless word, even falling in love, can put his life and the lives of his mother, his sister Miranda, and her husband, Alex, in jeopardy. Can Jon risk doing what is right in a world gone so terribly wrong?


Now, while I am very excited to follow these characters and see what has happened next, my fellow teachers and I have one problem with this.  Jon was a baseball player, so, how is soccer now his thing?  Speaking of which, that is a question I need to email the author and ask!  Other than that one thing, I'm very excited to read on, and if you haven't read this series yet, you should go ahead and get started so you'll be ready to read this when it comes out this August.

So tell me, what books are you eagerly anticipating this week?