Wednesday, July 27, 2011

My Table of YA Recommendations at my B&N, and the latest authors I met!

First, I can't believe I haven't posted a picture of my table at the Barnes & Noble where I work. I'm so proud of it! Whenever I go in I have to make sure that it is full and looks good!





Also, tonight was the night I got to meet Maggie Stiefvater. Unfortunately my picture with her turned out a bit blurry, but I'm so excited I got to meet her. She was so funny! I loved listening to her talk. And I loved her advice about writing. But I'm actually at a point where I'm thinking since I am not a good writer, and have trouble finishing a book, maybe I just want to read. But one thing she said, know basically the ending when you start writing. And with my YA novel I started, I had an idea, but didn't know what all was going to happen, so maybe that's why I got stuck really quick.
And the biggest surprise was that she had 2 other YA authors with her! One, Tessa Gratton, I have yet to read, but I bought her book tonight and got it autographed. And I have seen her book and picked it up and thought about reading it, just hadn't put it on a TBR list yet. Now it is. My goal/quest of meeting 12 authors this year was to meet authors of books I've read and liked, and so as of now, she doesn't count. But as soon as I read her book, I can put her on my list, and I'll now be a month ahead with 8 authors!


And the other author, well, I really wish I'd known she would be there, especially as I do have a copy of her book, and it is the ARC of The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff that I am getting ready to send to my 100 Follower Giveway at Stuckinbooks.com. But I got to meet and talk to her, and get my picture with her.