Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Hazards of Working at a Bookstore Vol. 2.0


Only worked one night this week due to both my own plans, as well as I'm sure the cutting of hours at the bookstore. So I only have two books to share.


First is Staying at Daisy's by Jill Mansell. I have never read any of this author's books, they just haven't really seemed to catch my attention when I picked them up and read their summary. This one did sound kind of cute though. As the title suggests, Daisy is the manager of a hotel. She's single, because her husband died in a car accident (I think most of the author's books have married/divorced women as the main character, which I have trouble relating to). A handsome, former rugby star is there for a wedding, and while Daisy doesn't trust him, she doesn't trust handsome men, sparks seem to fly in their growing attraction. It sounds like a funny chick lit book, the kind I haven't found many of lately, but are the ones that got me started in the first place. Of course, it could be the dachshund looking dog on the cover that drew me to the book in the first place. :-)


Second is The Confession of Katherine Howard by Suzannah Dunn. Another historical fiction book set in the reign of Henry VIII. So of course I was intrigued. This is about his 5th wife. The Tudors really intrigued me to want to know more about her, and this book seems to fill that need. Again, not much more to talk about, we all know the main story, and now I want to read it.