Monday, February 28, 2011

In My Mailbox: Meet Einstein by Mariela Kleiner and Illustrated by Viviana Garofoli


Yeah, this is a picture book, but it is about Einstein, and as I am a science teacher I am very excited that I was able to get a copy of it after emailing about an offer in the Shelf Awareness newsletter. It's a very simple story for kids about Einstein, and yes, I teach middle school kids, but sometimes it is fun for them to see a picture book. Case in point, one student had a Dr. Seuss book they'd checked out, and another had Chicka Chicka Boom. So I look forward to reading this to my students. Another part I also like is at the end, it has "Meet Einstein for parents" where it gives some very interesting facts, like how they preserved Einstein's brain, even though his body was cremated. I also like that it has question in the back for parents to go over with their kids. Great book!