Friday, March 19, 2010

Real Women Don't Wear Size 2 by Kelley St. John


So this was basically just a trashy romance novel, not quite what I consider chick lit, it was strip cover, not something I bought at least. It wasn't bad, just by the end I was a little tired of it. I definitely love the title, as I've never worn a size 2 in my life, not even at my very skinniest time after taking phen-fen. The smallest I've ever worn, was a size 4 pair of shorts from that time period that I still have, just to prove I once wore that size. Although, I'm pretty sure they must have been marked wrong, as I never fit any other size 4's. As the main character in this book, I've just always been endowed with curves, hips and boobs. I inherited from my mom as well as the women on my dad's side also have them. So I was "doomed" from the start. And unfortunately, I've yet to meet the guy who actually feels the way the guy in this book does.


About the only other thing I have to say is that the main character's name was Clarise, which every time I read her name made me think of Silence of the Lambs, which kind of ruined the romance mood a bit.