Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Separation Anxiety by Karen Brichoux


For chick lit, this was very depressing. Yeah, you know the girl is always going to have issues, and the book will start that way. But this chick had a totally messed up life and we got to see all the dirty laundry. And you don't quite get why she has to separate herself from her best friend Jonz. He seems like an awesome guy. I know, I know, part of it is the girl finding out what she's lost and going back in the end, but it's just really hard to sympathize with the main character in this book. While some of her thought processes do resonate with this single girl, too depressing for me to really enjoy. I did finish as I wanted to know if there would be any happiness. And it did have a pretty good chick lit ending.


Not much else to say.